I rarely post on Sundays but this morning on Facebook I posted that I made my own version of IHOP’s Stuffed French Toast and some folks asked for the recipe so here it is below:
*Note* The recipe is extremely easy and if you are a long time reader of Army Wife 101 , you know I don’t measure I just eyeball and make to the amount my family will eat.
8 Slices of Texas Toast (Each Stuffed portion requires 2 pieces of bread)
1 block of cream cheese
2 Tblspns of Sweetened Condensed Milk
Few Tblspns Milk
5 Eggs (estimate based on your family size)
Few Tblspns Sugar
Few Drops of Vanilla Extract
½ cup of sugar
Few pats of butter
1. Heat skillet or griddle with butter
2. Blend softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, few tblspns sweetened condensed milk and a teaspoon or so of vanilla until spreadable and smooth.
3. Crack the necessary amount of eggs into a bowl add a few dashes of cinnamon, few dashes of milk and a few dashes of regular granulated sugar and whip.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture onto 4 slices and then top with 4 remaining unspread slices to make sandwiches
2. Soak each sandwich in egg mixture and place on griddle until each side is golden brown.
Serve with syrup, garnished with fruit topping or powdered sugar.
Powered by Facebook Comments