It’s been years since I have lived down the street from a 7-Eleven and enjoyed a “Big Gulp” or a Slurpee. Oh how I miss the days of living on Long Island and having 7-Eleven within a five minute drive for those snack cravings.
Even more so I wish I lived close enough to one so that my husband and I could partake in the below gracious offer from 7-Eleven:
In Their Words
“This Veteran’s Day (Friday, Nov. 11, 2011 or 11/11/11), 7-Eleven, Inc. is saluting active, veteran and retired U.S. military personnel and their immediate families with free, small Slurpee® drinks between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Presenting proof of current or former U.S. military service during that time is all that’s required to receive a free Slurpee drink on Veteran’s Day”.
In addition customers who donate a $1 can know that as part of the Operation Thank You campaign their donation will go towards sending a care package to a soldier via the USO.
In addition, for troops and their families stationed at 11 U.S. military bases, 7-Eleven has planned a special treat. Slurpee trailers will take America’s favorite frozen carbonated drink to them during visits between Nov. 8 and Nov. 12 to the following locations:
- Bolling Air Force Base in Washington, D.C.
- Langley Air Force Base in Hampton, Va.
- Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk, Va.
- Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Andrews Air Force Base in Camp Springs, Md.
- MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla.
- Fort Hood Army Base in Killeen, Texas
- Fort Carson Army Base in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Marine Corps. Base Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, Calif.
- Naval Base San Diego in San Diego, Calif.
· Joint Base Lewis McChord in Tacoma, Wash.
Powered by Facebook Comments