A reader asked today “how long should it be before she allows friends and neighbors to visit , while her hubby is on R&R”?
Frankly I guess my husband and I are pretty corny because we don’t have friends (by choice) who would want to come by like that LOL! Seriously though the truth is when hubby was deployed most of his friends were deployed too, so we definitely got our *ahem* alone time!
I shared this question with the spouses on the AW101 FB fan page and boy were their varying opinions.
Below are some of the responses:
1. Sarah B. says: My opinion is not to go over at all. No wife wants to spend her husband’s R&R with a bunch of people. It should be the soldier and his family. The rest of friends and neighbors can wait.
2. Stephanie P. says: I dont think u should intrude….unless youre invited stay away out of respect let the couple enjoy their little time together.
3. Vanessa A. says: I would wait for an invite … if I’m good enough friends with the family, we’ve already discussed a get together … if we haven’t already discussed a get together or I haven’t been invited, then I’m probably not close enough to the family to need to be a part of r&r . Just my thoughts!
4. Megan H. says: Only if you’re invited. Two weeks isn’t long at all so it’s up to the soldier and couple how they want to spend it. Some choose to spend it completely alone, while when my hubby came home we had an “open house” day where anyone could come by who wanted to see him. The couple will make it known when you can see them, especially if you’ve expressed beforehand that you want to see the soldier! :-)
5. Alma G says: My family and friends are very understanding when my husband is home for a quick visit. I usually give them a day when we’ll have some sort of barbecue/get together and they know they can come then. Otherwise we are pretty mellow about visitors as long as they come bearing good food! Honesty works too: “We are just going to hang out and enjoy our time as a family but do you want to come later?”
Should friends comes come over on R&R or should it be total alone time…Share your thoughts below in the comments section.
Powered by Facebook Comments