Yes I know it’s hard to believe that it seems like last week was Halloween and next week is Thanksgiving. Nonetheless this time of year is my favorite for one reason…FOOD!
I am a certified foodie and I love to eat and with Thanksgiving around the corner what better time then to focus on the staple at most tables in America on that day…TURKEY!
I wanted to share a few of my favorite tips to help you have a picture perfect Thanksgiving this year for you and your soldier or milspouse friends.
Hosting a Picture Perfect Thanksgiving Meal
1. If this is your first year cooking a turkey seriously consider keeping the Butterball Turkey line number handy 1-800-Butterball which is open from 8AM-8PM CST. I interviewed one of their Hotline Specialist and when I say I had no clue about all the tips and tricks to cook a turkey I really had no idea. She also told their hotline has had many military spouses call in who were away from family and had to cook their first turkey alone. You can read some of her wonderful tips from out interview here .
2. Plan out your menu ahead of time and start picking up items that sell out fast like pecans , sweetened condensed milk , butter.
3. Make some dishes a day or so ahead and freeze, so that on the day of they can just be warmed up.
4. Do semi homemade on some items. For instance instead of peeling sweet potatoes to make a sweet potato casserole, save yourself time by buying the canned yams or sweet potatoes and then making them your own by adding to them.
5. Lastly let others help. It’s great to invite everyone over and it may sound good until you have to do all the shopping and start cooking and then comes the feeling of being overwhelmed. Ask guests to bring desserts and easy sides to limit what you will have to make.
As an avid Butterball turkey buyer I am always happy to work with them yearly and showcase any new resources that may be helpful to us military wives who may be making our first turkey this year.
One of the newest resources they have is the Butterball Iphone/Ipad app which Butterball Cookbook Plus app. This app continuously sends you free recipes at no charge, lets you cook without having to touch the screen by using voice commands. The app also includes timers , a notes section to personalize recipes, and the chance to network with friends and family via sharing plus much more. The app retails for $4.99 is super useful with a ton of recipes great not only for Thanksgiving but everyday life. You can get it in the app store on your phone or Ipad. I really did like fooling around with the voice command and because I worship my precious Ipad screen I hate touching it while I am cooking so this comes in handy.
Butterball is allowing Army Wife 101 to give (2) lucky readers a $20 gift check to purchase a Butter ball Turkey for this Thanksgiving.
To Enter Simply leave a comment below telling me your best turkey preparation tip or one tip on how to host the best Thanksgiving dinner below.
This is a short giveaway and will end Thursday November 15th at 9AM. Winners will be chosen via Random.org and gift checks will be mailed out immediately.
18+ years of age to enter.
Disclosure: I received a Butterball gift check and Itunes Gift card. All opinions are my own and genuine.
Powered by Facebook Comments