This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love dollars stores and have shopped at several throughout the years. One of my favorites is Dollar General and because it's less then 10 minutes from my house, I shop there alot for many odds and ends.
I recently had a chance to visit there again and see how many ingredients I could find for a simple fun dessert for my kids.
They love Rice Crispy treats so I wanted to make some Rice Crispy Balls on a Stick. While I didn't find the lollipop sticks there , I did find all the other ingredients and spent less then $10 for everything. While I am frugal I am funny about dollar store brand foods but suprisingly DG Clover Valley brand was pretty good!
Holiday Rice Crispy Balls
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Recipe Time: Less then 30 Minutes
Ingredients: (I eyeball everything…Amounts listed are approximate and are based on family size)
4 cups of Rice Crispys
3 Tablespoons of Butter
2 cups of large Marshmellows (Reserve extra marshmellows for decorating)
Cup of Coconut
1 Bag of Chocolate Chips (Reserve extra chips for decorating)
Sprinkles or extra edible items for decorations (optional)
I did my recipe microwave style
1. In a mixing bowl place butter and marshmellows and microwave for about 3 minutes then take out and stir until smooth.
2. Stir in Rice Crispy's until coated completely and then let cool.
3. After mixture is cool enough to touch, begin forming balls and lay on a dish of choice.
4. Melt Chocolate Chips in bowl and stir until smooth and begin rolling rice crispy balls in it.
5. Proceed to decorate however you like. I loved sprinkling coconut on them . It reminded me of snow .
So as you can see I think I made a pretty cool looking holiday-ish snack and because I was able to get everything at Dollar General I did it affordably.
You can also check out Dollar General easy meals to get really affordable recipe ideas. For those who are on Facebook all the time (ahem that would be me) you can LIKE their page at www.facebook.com/dollargeneral.
Powered by Facebook Comments