Disclosure: Prego sent me their new line of Alfredo Sauces to test out. All opinions are from my own experiences and have not been influenced.
Although I am doing the lifestyle change thing , I still occasionally get the taste for one of my favorite foods which is pasta. I still have to cook for my family , so I love experimenting with different sauces and pasta dishes , because pasta is a must have on their weekly dinner menu.
Recently one of my favorite spaghetti sauce makers “Prego” sent me their new line of deliciously yummy Alfredo sauces to try out, which I am pretty sure you can find in your local commissary.
There are three sauces in this new line which include:
- Prego® Homestyle Alfredo is smooth and creamy, with the perfect balance of garlic, cream and parmesan sauce.
- Prego® Flavored With Savory Bacon is an indulgent sauce featuring the bold flavors of real bacon combined with hints of cracked black pepper.
- Prego® Artisan Three Cheese is a bold blend of white cheddar, Parmesan and romano cheeses sure to please any cheese lover.
We have tried all of them and I have to say personally I enjoyed all of them equally. They are flavorful without being too salty and have a very savory delicious gourmet taste. The Prego flavored with savory bacon is great for a creamy chicken carbonara dish.
Prego wants you to reimagine pasta night and create tasty savory dishes quickly and their new sauces can be a starting factor in doing that. There are so many ways you can go with white sauces so let your imagination run wild. I love that I am able to cut time by using one of the Prego Alfredo sauces.
Our favorite dish was something I actually whipped together the other day. I had an incredible urge to try a Chicken Parmesan recipe for my diet and I had way to much chicken. I looked in my cabinet and saw I had a jar of the Homestyle Prego Alfredo and thought ,hmm I can make a Alfredo version of Chicken Parmesan which is what I did. I whipped up this meal in less then 45 minutes.
1 pack chicken tenders
1 pack of shake and bake parmesan flavored coating
1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzerella cheese
1 jar Homestyle Prego Alfredo
1. Rinse chicken and coat with shake and bake mix ( I even threw alittle parmesan in the mixture too)
2. Place chicken in a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for about 35-45 minutes or until done
3. Remove baking dish with chicken from oven and proceed to cover with entire jar of Homestyle Prego Alfredo and top with both cups of cheese.
4. Place back in oven until sauce begins to bubble and cheese brown alittle.
5. Serve over pasta and enjoy!
Thanks to the great folks at Prego one of you awesome readers will get to reimagine your pasta nights with the new Prego line, Rachel Ray pasta bowls and a new stainless steel colander set.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Powered by Facebook Comments