As a military spouse my family and we have had the privilege of living in some great places. Moving frequently encourages you to immerse yourself in the local culture and fun of your city. We are so eager to make ourselves at home which is why I had to share awesome destinations in my town of Fayetteville , North Carolina also known as “Fort Bragg”.
Fayetteville, North Carolina is not only home of the 82nd Airborne, but the city that holds the biggest military base in the country. It is home to history , culture, good Southern food ,and family friendly activities. If you live here or are ever traveling down I-95 ,be sure to make a pitstop and visit one of the Top 10 family friendly attractions or eateries below.
1. 82nd Airborne Division Museum: This jewel is the centerpiece of Fayetteville. Join the ranks as you view exhibits from WW1 all the way to the present. Step into history and learn about paratroopers and some of the most famous soldiers in military history. Visit http://82ndairbornedivisionmuseum.com
2. Fascinate-U Children’s Museum: This kid friendly museum is a pint sized city of its own. With a mini-city where everything is kid sized, your little ones will indulge in pretend. They can go from being a weather forecaster to a judge to a grocery store clerk. The world is their oyster here. http://www.fascinate-u.com/
3. Cameo Art House Theatre: This 100+ year old movie theatre is a world away from your usual movie house. It boast a smaller intimate setting with great food (other than popcorn) and shows independent, classic and foreign films along with the occasional new release. Cameo Theatre makes for a great date night destination. Visithttp://www.cameoarthouse.com .
4. Cape Fear Botanical Gardens: If you love beautiful plants and gardens then this is a must see for you. The Cape Fear Botanical Gardens is home to some of the most beautiful ornamental flowers this side of the Cape Fear. Adults and children alike will enjoy the various workshops and concerts offered throughout the year. Visit:http://www.capefearbg.org
5.Zipquest Waterfall & Treetop Adventure: Soar beside a 100 foot waterfall or a 60 foot ravine. If you’re feeling more adventurous zip line at night with their all new Night Quest Ziplining. Offers great military discounts. Visit http://www.zipquest.com
6. Paraclete Skyventure Indoor: Fayetteville is home of the 82nd Airborne whom are known for parachuting out of the skies above our city. Now you can try parachuting too indoors in one of the biggest vertical wind tunnels for fun indoor skydiving. Visit http://www.paracletexp.com/
7. The Climbing Place:Voted Greatest Around Fayetteville for 2012 this 18,000 Sq Ft rock climbing facility is sure to bring out the adventurous and competitive nature in any amateur or pro rock climber. Visit http://www.theclimbingplace.com/
8. Freedom Memorial Park: Salute America’s past heroes at this beautiful park lit with amazing and breathtaking memorials celebrating heroes of Fayetteville. Visit http://www.freedommemorialpark.com
9. Festival Park: This new $11 million dollar park is a must especially during the Summer months. It is the home of lots of free concerts in every music genre from rock and roll to R&B. Visit http://www.faydogwoodfestival.com/festival-park
10. Trail Trek: For those who like to hike and take walks, Fayetteville is home to the start of many important parts of history. “The Greater Fayetteville GPS Trail Trek is a geocaching game that takes place throughout the whole county. You’ll discover fun places and learn things you never knew about the county”. You can join in on finding important parts of the past by downloading your Trail Trek Guide from: http://www.visitfayettevillenc.com/geocaching/
Fred Chason’s Grandson’s: Although this is not a must see attraction it is a must see eatery. Grandson’s is a family owned Southern Buffet. Delight your palette in Carolina BBQ, pulled pork, seafood and the best cobbler in town. It’s inexpensive and a fun treat for the whole family. Located in Hope Mills.
Powered by Facebook Comments