For most military families, a Disney vacation is the ultimate in fun, magic, laughter, and memories that will last a lifetime. Do you dream of taking your family to the happiest place on earth, but don’t know where to start?
Meet Britani Stratton, a military spouse and personal Disney vacation planner with Ears of Experience, LLC. Britani helps military families plan their dream Disney vacations in a way that saves money and enhances the attraction experience at no extra cost. She shared some Disney military discount secrets with me, and here is what you need to know.
- Secure military discounts at Disney resorts. “At Walt Disney World in Florida, the military resort discounts on-site are the best you will find,” shares Britani. “99.9% of the time, the combination of a discounted room with discounted park tickets as well as all the perks of staying onsite, makes for pricing that no sale can beat.” She reminds that Shades of Green does not fall into this category, as it is not owned by Disney.
- Multiply your savings. Did you know that friends and family traveling with you can also benefit from the room discount at Disney resorts? “Any valid military ID card holder can reserve up to six rooms under the military discount,” shares Britani.
- Score military discount tickets. Purchase your family’s tickets through your base’s local ticket office or via mail through Shades of Green. Britani explains, “You can only purchase six discounted tickets per year, and the rest must be bought at full price. It’s better to pay for children’s tickets out of pocket as they are cheaper than adult tickets,” shares Britani.
- Know the optimal time to book. Britani advises clients to book ASAP. “Each resort only has a certain number of rooms at the military discount rate. Once they are sold out, that’s it.” Ideally, she suggests booking seven months in advance. “Dining reservations open up for booking six months out, and if you want to eat at a popular restaurant like Be Our Guest, or Cinderella’s Royal Table, then you need to book those the day that reservations open.”
- Discounted Disney cruises, California, Hawaii and more. “Disney Cruise Line offers amazing deals for military. The catch is that they only open up rooms for discounts six weeks prior to sailing and only if there are rooms to sell,” says Britani. “If you are flexible with your dates and locations, it’s a great way to enjoy an amazing vacation at half the cost.” She also reminds that Disneyland California offers military discounts on rooms and tickets with the same guidelines at Walt Disney World in Florida. “Keep in mind that Disneyland California is only two parks, is much smaller, and offers no dining plan, but it’s the best choice for the West Coast,” reminds Britani. If you’re looking for one of Disney’s best kept secrets, Britani recommends the great military rates offered by the Aulani resort in Hawaii. “This location offers the service and class that you are accustomed to with Disney, but with very little of the ‘Mouse.’ During off-peak seasons, this five-star resort offers discounts as much as 40% off stays to make for a relaxing, affordable vacation,” she shares.
- Maximize your magic for FREE with a Disney Certified Travel Agent. Although Disney can be overwhelming, you don’t need to fend for yourself in the planning and decision making process. Britani advises, “Have a Disney certified travel agent take care of all that for you! I provide full concierge planning for my clients for free.” She will help:
- Ensure that you stay in the ideal resort for your budget.
- Secure the perfect room and location for your family.
- Help reserve your dining experiences.
- Find the best rides for your family and skip the lines with Fast Pass.
- Help you locate “secret staterooms” with premier views for your dining seats on Disney Cruises.
Get to Know Your Personal Disney Vacation Planner
Britani is passionate about sharing Disney magic with military families. From sipping the tastiest drink in Epcot to locating the best place to put a cranky baby to sleep, she will take the time to personalize travel plans for your family. “I am prepared to answer the questions you have, take care of your special requests and needs, and do it all with a personal touch and a smile,” shares Britani. From handling hotel and dining reservations to building special packages, to creating a personalized itinerary while saving you cash, Britani’s expertise will help your family embark on a truly memorable Disney vacation.
This conversation was sponsored by Britani Stratton by Ears of Experience, LLC. All thoughts and opinions are our own.
A self-described “Jackie of All Trades,” Army wife Jackie Toops is a mother of two and enjoys writing, travel, art, languages, slow cooking and peaceful parenting. She studied Interdisciplinary Humanities, Museum Studies and Nonprofit Management, and has overseen public relations for museums, galleries and universities. She is a contributing author for Wall Street International Magazine and has discussed her articles on-air with AFN Wiesbaden. She’s usually seen adventuring with her Canon, a coffee and two small children. Follow her on Twitter.
Powered by Facebook Comments