Most military families want the best deal and most bang for their buck to stretch their hard-earned dollars. When booking hotels, odds are that most of us price sort from lowest to highest, and often select the cheapest property. While initially this appears to be financially savvy, factoring in complimentary amenities adds value and decreases the overall cost of your stay. When looking at the big picture, the lowest price for a bed may actually cost you more.
One of the biggest expenditures you can make while staying in a hotel is food. Even if you select value menu items, you end up paying for convenience. Food is only the start of a long list of expenditures when staying somewhere overnight, especially if you are staying for multiple nights. Finding a property that offers a military discount plus a wealth of money-saving amenities will make you feel at home and keep your wallet fat.
What to Look For in an Extended Stay Hotel
When looking to book your next stay, consider the money-saving value of:
- Free hot breakfast. No need to start your day hungry while driving around in search of food. Simply follow your nose downstairs, fill your plate and your cup.
- Free evening reception. Alcohol isn’t cheap, and finding a hotel that provides wine and beer during their complimentary evening reception saves you money while you unwind.
- Free WiFi. Don’t deplete your cellular data. With free WiFi you can conveniently catch up on work, or connect with family and friends at no extra cost.
- Full kitchen. Arguably the biggest money saver on this list, having in-room access to a refrigerator, freezer, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, stove and oven, complete with dishes, pots and pans, will save you huge amounts of cash.
- Free entertainment. If you’re focused on productive free time, book a hotel with a fitness center on the premises. Looking for fun for the whole family? Throw in a swimming pool for hours of enjoyment.
- In-room fun. When you’re ready to relax, find a property that offers a variety of in-room tv and movies on demand, to entertain the entire family.
- 24/7 coffee. Don’t spend a small fortune on your caffeine fix from the coffee shop around the corner. Find a hotel that offers coffee, tea and hot chocolate around the clock.
- On-site laundry. Time is money and instead of sitting in a laundromat, find a hotel with washers and dryers on the premises. Do your laundry while enjoying a swim, catching up on work, or watching an in-room movie — now that’s multitasking.
- Pet-friendly. If your furry friend makes a great travel companion, it may be more cost effective (and enjoyable) to bring him or her instead of booking a kennel or pet sitter. Find a property that happily welcomes pets.
- Loyalty rewards. Earn while you spend and receive perks toward future stays.
Your Solution — TownePlace Suites by Marriott
For all these amenities and more, look no further than TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Your family will receive special military rates that include all of the above plus exceptional customer service, spacious closets, grills, mobile check-in, TowneMap services, a business center and the In a Pinch ® Market. Their spacious suites comfortably accommodate 1-6 guests with three available floorplans. You’ll feel so cozy you’ll want to extend your stay!
With more than 230 locations in North America, many located near military bases, and all offering special military pricing, TownePlace Suites is an excellent option for military families. Whether you’re traveling, PCSing, on TDY, hosting family or just having a staycation, their spacious suites, free Wi-Fi, and fully equipped kitchens just scratch the surface. Add to that value a fitness center, laundry facility, pet-friendly lodging and a hot breakfast, and it’s easy to see why TownePlace Suites by Marriott is a smart option for your military family.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of TownePlace Suites by Marriott. All thoughts and opinions are our own.
Powered by Facebook Comments