Disclosure: Our trip to Loews Resorts was sponsored by Booking.com
Spring Break is here and Summer is around the corner. Based on all of our Orlando travel articles here you probably know that we love visiting the Orlando area. We usually hit it up once a year, and this year was no exception.
With all the great military discounts available in Orlando we were excited to partner with Booking.com and head to Universal Orlando Resorts for our spring break vacation. Read more here about how we used Booking.com to reserve our room at this amazing resort.
Before the theme park of course we had to rest up and so we stayed on premises at the “Loews Sapphire Falls Resort.
Enjoy an Island Escape
Universal Orlando’s newest resort, the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, brings the tropics to you. Immerse yourself in a island escape complete with scenic views, Caribbean-inspired meals and the excitement of the Universal Orlando Resort.
Unwind in a standard guest room or luxury suite, both with 24-hour room service. Upgrade your room to a lagoon or pool view, or — if you’re feeling fancy — live like Caribbean Royalty in the Presidential Suite.
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is gorgeous with picturesque waterfront views, beautiful palm trees and a lavishly huge pool. Much of the decor and details are inspired by pieces of the Caribbean.
Shockingly for a resort with a 1,000 rooms check-in was quick and painless. I waited less than 10 minutes to get my room.
The rooms are pretty, but standard. They are also super clean and comfortable after a long day. The beds were soft but didn’t seem queen size–more like double. The room amenities were basic but perfect because who comes there to sit in their room. The lobby is full of plush couches and seating and even if you want to hang around the resort there is plenty to watch and fast wifi to keep you entertained. By the way free Wifi is offered and actually runs pretty fast, but if you are wanting your Netflix or Hulu fix you can purchase premium wifi for streaming.
Taste the Tropics
Within the lobby are a variety of dining options including “The New Dutch Trading Company” for a quick morning or afternoon bite. You can grab a late night drink or even a milkshake.
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort offers four Caribbean-themed dining options, the New Dutch Trading Co.™, the Strong Water Tavern, the Amatista Cookhouse™ and the Drhum Club Kantine. Feeling cozy? You can also take advantage of in-room meals and snacks, courtesy of 24-hour room service.
One of the best dining events though is the Caribbean Carnaval Dinner Show night held every Wednesday. Feast on a buffet style variety of tropic inspired dishes such as Jerk Chicken, Grilled Snapper, Sweet Potatoes, Seasonal Veggies, a Carving station, and desserts like Flan , Mexican Chocolate Cake Fudge and much more. The best part was the show which serenaded us with their amazing band and Caribbean sound. The singer who’s name was Blue was so gorgeous as were the dancers. The show was interactive as we limbo’ed and congo lined around the beautiful outdoor landscape drinking Non Alcoholic Pineapple and Rum Punch along the way!
The person on the stilts was my personal favorite and kept us entertained even before the show started. Kids have their own special buffet too filled with pizza, PB&J, mac and cheese and lots of other kid friendly options. And when they are done they can run some of that food and energy off on the grass with games such as corn hole and hula hooping. See pricing and show details here.
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort offers much more than just a room. Your family will enjoy these perks:
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. Arrive an hour before general admission guests. Valid park ticket required.
- Tropical pools. Take a dip in the 16,000-square-foot pool with two sand beaches, and melt your cares away in the hot tub. For the young and young at heart, there is a water slide, children’s play area, poolside movies, activities and more.
- Simplified shopping. Merchandise purchased at select outlets throughout the resort can be delivered to your room free of charge.
- Free, fun transportation. Water taxis, shuttles, and walking paths connect you to theme parks, restaurants, golf and Universal CityWalk™. Let me just say the best part of staying on the premises was the water taxis. Hopping on a boat right outside of your hotel doors that drops you off foot steps from the park is amazing. And even when you don’t plan on heading to the park feel free to enjoy an evening boat ride just for the sake of doing so.
- Get your fit on. Work it in the complimentary Kalina Health and Fitness Center with treadmills, bicycles, ellipticals, weight machines and a stretching area. Then unwind in the dry sauna and shower.
- Something for the kids. Take advantage of Universal Orlando’s Resort Kids Camps^. They’ll have fun while you enjoy time to yourself.
Exclusive Military Vacation Package
You and your military family deserve a little sun and fun, don’t you? Take advantage of this exclusive military deal:
- 3-Night Hotel Accommodations
- 2-Park 4-Day Park-to-Park Military Promotional Ticket^ to Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™
- Early Park Admission ◊ to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ (Opening May 25, 2017) one hour before the park opens (valid theme park admission required).
- Access to select live entertainment venues^ at Universal CityWalk™
For Package Arrivals after May 25, 2017. To book your vacation, call 1-888-340-4614 or visit your military base ticket office (ITT/LTS). For details, please click here.
Powered by Facebook Comments