We partnered with Grand Central Publishing to share this post. All thoughts and opinions are our own.
Father’s Day is right around the corner — on June 18th — and we have ideas for you to pull of the perfect Father’s Day.
For your own father, or if your husband is away on TDY or deployment, get those cards in the mail now, and set reminders for phone calls. For those lucky enough to have your man home, it’s time to celebrate. As we know, holidays together aren’t always guaranteed, so why not show him a perfect Father’s Day?
8 Steps to a Perfect Father’s Day
- Let him sleep in. Father’s Day is a Sunday and unless you have prior commitments, let him catch a few extra zzz’s. Ensure that the kids are happy, occupied, quiet, or even take them outside the house for a little bit to ensure some rest. (Perhaps dad will remember and return the favor for you!)
- Breakfast in bed. Yum, yum, does he smell pancakes, coffee, and bacon? What an incredible way to feel like a king!
- Gifts from the kids. Who can resist a handmade card, a special drawing or a craft from a child? A little thought goes a long way.
- Encourage “me” time. You don’t have to be together all day. Dad may want to watch his favorite movie, sport or play a video game. If he would enjoy some alone time, happily grant it.
- Handle the dirty work. The kids won’t behave just because “it’s Father’s Day,” so handle the dirty diapers, arguments, and tantrums. Dad can jump back in tomorrow.
- Invite other dads over. Male bonding time for the win! Ask guests to bring sides, while the grill masters cook up burgers, hot dogs and barbecue.
- Snacks and treats. In the evening, surprise with his favorite beverages, snacks, junk food or sweets. There is something indulgent about late-night treats after the kids go to bed.
- Give the gift of excitement and adventure. Surprise dad with the newest release from the Jason Bourne book series, The Bourne Initiative! This gift will give for days and days, as he enjoys the page-turner by Eric Van Lustbader. It’s the 14th in Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Initiative Series and is published by Grand Central Publishing. Find it in stores June 13th, 2017, just in time for Father’s Day.
About the Series
Jason Bourne is one of the most popular and compelling characters in contemporary fiction. Originally created by bestselling author Robert Ludlum, the Jason Bourne series was later adapted into films that have become modern classics. Now, New York Times bestselling writer Eric Van Lustbader carries on Jason Bourne’s story with a new novel about the rogue secret agent who has lost his memory…
About The Bourne Initiative
Jason Bourne—the rogue secret agent who has lost his memory—returns in this stunning new thriller from Eric Van Lustbader, continuing Robert Ludlum’s classic series.
Gen. Boris Karpov, head of the feared Russian FSB, is dead. But Karpov has reached out from the grave with an unstoppable cyber operation he conceived in the months before his murder, aimed at the heart of the United States—a way to steal the president’s nuclear launch codes. Who has taken over the operation? Karpov trusted only one man: Jason Bourne. But can Bourne be working against his own country? Gen. Arthur MacQuerrie, chief of the Dreadnaught Section of NSA and Morgana Broussard, head of the mysterious Meme, LLC, are convinced of Bourne’s treasonous act, and will do everything in their power to kill him.
Flushed from cover, hunted by the best assassins in the business, wounded and nearly killed, Bourne’s only hope is to join forces with his bitterest enemy, a Somali magus named Keyre, whose terrorist forces Bourne once decimated. Now Keyre is more powerful than ever, with a burgeoning international network—a man who can help Bourne, but to what end? Lying in wait is the young woman Bourne saved from Keyre’s torture, who now calls herself the Angelmaker. Both seductive and deadly, the Angelmaker loves Bourne, watches over him, but from whom does she take her orders? Is she ally or adversary?
These are questions Bourne must answer before he can unravel the mystery of Boris Karpov’s last legacy, a weaponized code that may very well bring about the unthinkable: a violent end to America.
For More on #TheBourneInitiative
- Visit Robert-Ludlum.com
- Read an excerpt from The Bourne Initiative
- Follow Robert Ludlum on Twitter and Facebook
- Follow Eric Van Lustbader on Twitter
- Follow Grand Central Publishing on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
Powered by Facebook Comments