Fayetteville, NC – Mark your Calendars! The third annual Fayetteville Comic Con(FCC), held October 21-22, offers an impressive line-up of special guests, artists, cosplayers, collectibles, contests and more. “We are pleased to expand our offerings again in 2017,” says planner Michael Chaudhuri. “In fact, this year, we’ve got artists and guests contacting us to appear at our con and we have the Incredible Hulk!”
Planners expect 15,000 people to attend the family-friendly con this year.
In addition to Lou Ferrigno, an actor famous for his role as the Original Hulk and Hercules, the FCC will host:
- Veteran comic book Artist Pat Broderick will appear for the first time at FCC. Pat has drawn an impressive list of titles, including Batman, Fury of Firestorm, Green Lantern, Micronauts and more.
- Charlton Neo Media, making their first major con appearance. Among the well-known creators Charlton is bringing:
- Paul Kupperberg, who has written more than one thousand comic books and novels, including the world’s first comic book miniseries.
- Roger McKenzie, who wrote Daredevil with Frank Miller and many issues of Captain America.
Also appearing at the con:
- Sam Jones, the iconic star of Flash Gordon.
- Writer, editor and comic book historian Michael Eury, who will interview Lou Ferrigno and present a talk on history of African-American superheroes.
- Jack O’Halloran, who played iconic villain Non in two Superman movies.
- Voice actor Chris Sabat, who has provided voices for a number of Dragon Ball and Full Metal Alchemist characters.
- Vic Mignogna, known for being the voices of Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist and Broly from Dragon Ball Z.
“While many cons have variant covers available for purchase, the FCC is doing something special in 2017,” says Chaudhuri. “We’re pleased to offer an FCC limited edition comic book, produced by a group of people published by Marvel, DC, Archie, First Comics and others.”
The 2017 FCC will feature two rooms of ongoing panels. Topics include Meet the Stars, Cosplay 101, Fabric in Cosplay, Cosplay and Disabilities, Military Science Fiction, Nerdslam, SciFi Speed Dating and The Walking Dead Reunion.
Fans are welcome to come as themselves, but organizers are expecting some attendees to dress as their favorite superhero, Star Wars or anime character. All costumes are welcome as long as they are family friendly. Two separate cosplay competitions will award prizes worth more than $2000.
Tickets in advance are $15 per day or $25 for a weekend pass. Active duty military receive a $2 discount on all advance ticket purchases. Children10 and under are admitted free with a paying adult. Tickets can be purchased in person without fees at the Crown Center Box Office, Fort Bragg Leisure Center, Dragons Lair on Yadkin Road, Gamer’s Guide in Spring Lake, Hobbytown Fayetteville on Ramsey Street and Angry Comics on Bragg Blvd. At the door, tickets are $20 for Saturday; $15 for Sunday and $32 for a weekend pass.
Need a hotel room? Looking for a great place to have dinner after the show? www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com has information on hotels, restaurants and more.
About the Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (FACVB)
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES. Cumberland County is the America’s first military sanctuary.
Powered by Facebook Comments