Did you know that the PX has a price matching policy in effect. Actually it’s been in effect for quite sometime, but it’s one of those things that no one really notices unless they keep up with news like that.
In any event I won’t bore you with the details but I will place a tidbit from the AAFES price matching Policy Document:
“We’ll Match It!” works in two ways:
Shoppers who see a price differential of less than $10 can tell the cashier who will match it on the spot.
Customers who report a price difference of greater than $10 need only to bring a current local competitor’s ad to receive the reduced price.
You can visit here to learn more or read updated Price Matching Policy as of 2010:
UPDATES to Policy
Under BX/PX Retail Program: AAFES retail stores worldwide have a 14-Day Price Guarantee on any item originally purchased from AAFES and subsequently sold at a lower price by AAFES, or any local competitor.
Under Program Exceptions: Alcohol price challenges will only be accepted from within the state or district of the exchange.
BX/PX Retail Program
1. AAFES retail stores will match a local competitor’s current price on any identical stock assortment item for the customer who makes the price challenge. “Identical” is defined as: same brand, same manufacturer, and same model number. For softlines, an identical item has to be the same size, color, brand and style. Though advertised most heavily in main stores, it is important to remember that our We’ll Match It! policy applies to all AAFES retail stores, to include Shoppettes, Class Six, Car Care, and troop stores. This applies to all normally carried items whether they are in stock or not. An example of this would be tires that are line priced on the contract; we realize space is an issue and that most tires are ordered. These types of orders would not be considered special orders.
2. AAFES retail stores worldwide will accept oral price challenges (based on the customer’s word) on identical stock assortment items from local competitors. Price differences up to $10 will be honored on the spot. A local competitor is defined as a retailer doing business in the community where the exchange is located. This includes Navy and Marine exchanges.
3. AAFES retail stores worldwide have a 14-Day Price Guarantee on any item originally purchased from AAFES and subsequently sold at a lower price by AAFES, or any local competitor.
4. AAFES retail stores worldwide will not accept price match challenges from any outside retail catalog or outside internet site.
5. AAFES retail stores worldwide will match pricing on identical items found in the Exchange Catalog or aafes.com. with the exception of the following categories: fine jewelry, collectible giftware, crystal and closeouts. In addition, Special Orders and Exchange Mall are excluded.
There are two types of price challenges:
1. Regular – To get a reduced price, a customer must bring in a current competitor’s ad. If the customer making the challenge does not have such an ad, verify the price by getting the ad or calling the competitor. A “local competitor’s current ad” is defined as an ad which clearly shows inclusive current dates and is sponsored by a retailer doing business in the community where the exchange is located. This includes Navy and Marine exchanges, plus other AAFES exchanges which may have developed their own local promotion fliers.
2. Oral – A customer may tell us they know our price is higher than a competitor’s. We will accept their word and charge the lower price up to a difference of $10. This will be approved immediately by the cashier-checker or sales associate. No competitor’s ad or any other proof is required. Price challenges under $10 do not require supervisor or managerial approval. Price challenges over $10 should have such approval before being given.
WHEN TO GIVE A PRICE BREAK: To get the price break, the competitor’s item must be identical to the item in the AAFES store. “Identical” is defined as: same brand, same manufacturer, and same model number. For softlines, an identical item has to be the same size, color, brand and style.
IF YOU ARE UNCERTAIN WHETHER OR NOT AN ITEM IS IDENTICAL, USE COMMON SENSE. GIVE THE CUSTOMER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, ENSURING THE CREDIBILITY OF THE PROGRAM.
EXCHANGE CATALOG and aafes.com
1. The Exchange Catalog and aafes.com will match a lower price (including shipping and handling) on any identical stock assortment item currently available for sale and delivery in the customer’s area from a local retail store’s online site. “Identical” is defined as: same brand, same manufacturer, and same model number. For softlines, an identical item has to be the same size, color, brand and style. A local competitor is defined as a retailer doing business in the community where the customer is located. This includes Navy and Marine exchanges. Fine jewelry, collectible giftware, crystal, special orders and Exchange Mall concession sites are excluded.
2. The Exchange Catalog and aafes.com will match AAFES retail stores pricing on identical items found in the customer’s local Exchange. Normal shipping and handling charges will apply. Fine jewelry, collectible giftware, crystal and special orders are excluded.
3. To receive the reduced price, the customer must email the price match information to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 1-800-527-2345.
4. The We’ll Match It! Program does not apply to Exchange Mall concession sites.
PROGRAM EXCEPTIONS (PX/BX Retail, Exchange Catalog and aafes.com)
1. AAFES BX/PX Retail, Exchange Catalog and aafes.com will not match prices on refurbished goods, gray market items and unauthorized dealers.
2. AAFES BX/PX Retail, Exchange Catalog and aafes.com will not match Commissary, BXMart, PXMart, or CXMart prices.
3. Other exclusions include: bonus or free offers, clearance prices, and closeout prices. Exclusions also include special orders service contracts, automotive labor and services, special order automotive parts, installation, delivery, or assembly services. Other items include mail in rebates, instant â€œIn-storeâ€ rebates, store coupons, double and triple coupon offers, flat percentage off items, and gasoline. This also includes items advertised as special offers or promotions, free-with-purchase offers, limited quantity offers, bundled promotions and special financing.
4. In MCSS stores, official military clothing and accessories are excluded.
5. Any store selling tobacco cannot accept price challenges for sell prices that are below the cost to the exchange.
6. Alcohol price challenges will only be accepted from within the state or district of the exchange.
Together we can make this a successful and meaningful program for our customers!
Michael P. Howard
Chief Operating Officer
Hooah & Smooches
Army Wife 101
Powered by Facebook Comments