Update from Sam’s Club: Sam’s Club locations near military bases are absolutely waiving membership requirements to military personnel, spouses, retirees and their families. Other clubs may be participating, but it’s an opt-in. Military personnel and dependents interested outside the scope of military base locations can call their local club or visit http://www.samsclub.com/clublocator to learn more.
This is open to Military personnel, spouses and their families. Military ID or proof of service of any kind will be accepted.
Sam’s will also not be charging the 10% Fee they usually do in their other military based program.
It’s no secret military commissaries nationwide are closed and families are looking for better solutions of places to shop until this is all over with.
A little while ago a screenshot went around Facebook stating that several Sam’s Club near military installations were going to let military members with proof of service shop at their stores even if they don’t have a Sam’s Membership.
If you are not familiar with Sam’s Club it is chain retail warehouse where you can purchase items in bulk size. I find them great for shopping for items such as juice packs, lunch meat , and items for large gatherings plus a ton more.
Of course it sounded too good to be true and I wanted to verify it before I got your hopes up. I am happy to say is it TRUE. Here is the exact information I received after emailing the media relations department for Sam’s Club.
- On Wednesday morning, dozens of domestic commissaries located on military bases were closed as a result of the U.S. government shutdown. Military personnel, retirees and their families heavily depend on commissaries for low-cost groceries and everyday needs.
- Sam’s Club understands that helping communities meet their needs during uncertain times is the first step to restoring normalcy.
- In appreciation for the service that military personnel provide our members and communities, Sam’s Club locations near military bases will waive membership requirements for military personnel, retirees and their families so they may continue saving on everyday goods and groceries.
- These Sam’s Club locations will remain open to military personnel and families until the U.S. government resumes domestic commissary operations.
- Any proof of past or present service can be shown at Member Services desks or at checkout to waive membership requirements. Club associates are happy to help guests with questions as they enter the club.
- Sam’s Club identified and connected with 50 clubs near military bases that would participate in the effort (relative to the list below). As word has spread today to other Club Management in those regions, more clubs are graciously willing to participate and help. To learn if your local club is participating, please call or visit your local Sam’s Club.
|5800 Westover Ave||Elmendorf AFB||AK||99506||2.1|
|115 N Turner Blvd Bldg 811||Montgomery||AL||36114||3.3|
|Yuma Proving Grounds Bldg 536||Yuma||AZ||85365||2.8|
|7175 N 138th Ave Bldg 1550||Glendale||AZ||85307||6.2|
|7175 N 138th Ave Bldg 1550||Glendale||AZ||85307||7.6|
|460 Skymaster Cir Bldg 680||Travis AFB||CA||94535||6.5|
|15150 6th St||March ARB||CA||92518||3.3|
|1040 E Stewart Ave Bldg 2019||Colorado Springs||CO||80914||3.3|
|5126 Community Center Dr||USAF Academy||CO||80840||4.4|
|365 N Telluride St Bldg 1||Aurora||CO||80011||6.2|
|114 Lielmanis Ave Bldg 91013||Hurlburt Field||FL||32544||4.4|
|951 Allegheny Ave||Jacksonville||FL||32212||3|
|2908 N Boundary Blvd Bldg 925||Tampa||FL||33621||1.9|
|3rd Ave Byp Bldg 37200||Fort Gordon||GA||30905||6.9|
|4725 Bougainville Dr Bldg 617||Honolulu||HI||96818||4.1|
|203 W Winters St Bldg 1980||Scott AFB||IL||62225||5.9|
|Rodman Ave Bldg 334||Rock Island||IL||61299||3.4|
|Bldg 2702 Michigan Ave||Fort Campbell||KY||42223||9.9|
|1265 Twining Dr Bldg 4765||Barksdale AFB||LA||71110||4.1|
|400 Russell Ave||Belle Chasse||LA||70037||5|
|MacArthur & Mapes Rd Bldg 2786||Fort George G Meade||MD||20755||5.5|
|Kinkaid Rd Bldg 321||Naval Academy||MD||21402||4.3|
|MacArthur & Mapes Rd Bldg 2786||Fort George G Meade||MD||20755||3.6|
|Porter Ave Bldg 1520A||Fort Detrick||MD||21702||3.8|
|101 Maineiac Ave Bldg 420||Bangor||ME||4401||4.1|
|15615 Kensington Ave||Kansas City||MO||64147||4.1|
|1707 CBC 2nd St Bldg 32||Gulfport||MS||39501||4.6|
|7228 Fourth Ave N||Malmstrom AFB||MT||59402||5.9|
|1230 Holcomb Blvd||Camp Lejeune||NC||28547||8.7|
|3571 Butner Rd Bldg 85476||Fort Bragg||NC||28307||5.8|
|1310 Edwards St Bldg 3722||Goldsboro||NC||27534||2.2|
|Alexander Ave Bldg 3323||Picatinny Arsenal||NJ||7806||7.7|
|4200 Mountain Home St Bldg 603||Nellis AFB||NV||89191||3.5|
|2130 Sycamore St Bldg 1250 Ste 1||Dayton||OH||45433||3.4|
|1719 Macomb Rd||Fort Sill||OK||73503||3.9|
|3250 S Air Depot Blvd Bldg 690||Oklahoma City||OK||73145||0.4|
|1 Carey Rd||Oakdale||PA||15071||3.6|
|4716 Commissary Way||Columbia||SC||29207||1.6|
|103 Lawson Dr Bldg 1991||Charleston AFB||SC||29404||3.5|
|2649 Lemay Blvd Bldg 3920||Ellsworth AFB||SD||57706||7.1|
|770 3rd St W Bldg 1075||Universal City||TX||78150||4.9|
|Haan Rd & Marshall Rd Bldg 1717||Fort Bliss||TX||79916||3.9|
|250 Commissary Rd Bldg 7340||Dyess AFB||TX||79607||3.2|
|130 Community Center Dr Bldg 120||Sheppard AFB||TX||76311||6.4|
|110 Valiant St Bldg 213||San Angelo||TX||76908||5.9|
|1765 Military Pkwy||Fort Worth||TX||76127||1.3|
|2250 Foulois St Bldg 8400||San Antonio||TX||78236||4.2|
|7451 6th St Bldg 400||Hill AFB||UT||84056||3.1|
|13th & Lee Blvd Bldg 1382||Fort Eustis||VA||23604||4.8|
|400 Shop Rd Bldg 1600||Fort Lee||VA||23801||3.5|
|6205 Missile Dr Bldg 720||Fort Warren AFB||WY||82005||3.5|
Also Sam’s will not be charging the usual 10% fee for military.
Powered by Facebook Comments