I think we can all agree that when your spouse returns home from a deployment or extended TDY we are excited to have them back , but I think some of us are also excited to drop certain household responsibilities. I will admit there are certain things that I am not ashamed to admit that I suck at or flat out just don’t like doing.
After talking with some friends and readers we came up with this list of 9 things most spouses are glad to get a break on or not have to do anymore.
1. Pumping Gas– Because I rarely go anywhere gas is not a big deal for me and so a tank lasts me for a good while. However, when my husband first deployed I will admit I didn’t know how to pump gas and really wanted him to come back so he could do it.
2. Car Maintenance– A majority of female spouses I talked to felt that they had been taken advantage of when it came to getting their car repaired at one point or another. Most felt more secure in letting their spouse handle car issues.
3. Lawn Maintenance– Umm yeah I’ll just say that I am not one with nature. I’ll pass on the chance to bond with the grass and having to cut it.
4. Driving– Being the sole cab driver for a 6+ months or more can be tiresome. Uncle Sam please send my chauffeur back!
5. The Kids– Yes we love our little crumb snatchers , but having your spouse here means you may get to sleep in one morning and not have to take them to school or wake up for the crying baby.
7. Worrying- Any good spouse will always wonder about the safety of their significant other, but honestly having the love of your life in a combat zone takes worry to a whole new level. It’s like a 50 pound weight off your chest when they come home.
8. Sleeping Alone- I’ll be the first to admit having the bed to myself felt good for a while. I could sleep in all kinds of acrobatic like positions , have the comforter to myself ,and not end up clinging to the edge of my bed for dare life. Yet after a while that gets lonely and when the Winter comes who doesn’t want to snuggle next to their snuggle bunny. I will gladly give up snug less nights for snuggly ones!
9. Watching TV & Movies Alone- Don’t you hate when you and the boo have a great series that you’re both addicted to and you have to report what happened or better yet he/she wants you to wait until they get home to watch it…how many months from now? Or when that scary movie comes out and you really want to watch it but you don’t want to
What things are you more than glad to give up when your significant other comes home?
Powered by Facebook Comments