There are many aspects of PCS’ing that can be fun to driving you downright insane. Sometimes parts of the PCS process can be so annoying until they are funny. One of the most frustrating parts for me was having to live in lodging before PCS’ing and when we arrive at our new destination. In true Buzzfeed Gif style I present to you: The 12 Stages of Living In Military Lodging While Waiting to PCS.
1. You start off thinking living in a hotel will be like an extended vacation.
2. You like the idea of not having to cook and eating out everyday.
3. Our family is in close quarters this will be a great way to spend time together more.
4. After a week you’re not feeling this daily eating out thing. A person can only take so much military base Burger King or Popeyes.
5. That DLA money sure is going fast.
6. Because that DLA money is running low…Grilled Cheese Ala Iron plus you’re family is Ramen Noodled out.
7. OMG these kids someone put me out of my misery..because family time all the time isn’t quite working out for you while hubby is in processing.
8. Because you’ve called housing everyday and your starting to think you are never going to move up that “mystery housing list”. Weren’t you #15 yesterday …how the hell did you move back to #40?
9. You won’t even let housekeeping in because 5 of you have been living in 300 sq ft for a month and the room looks and feels like hell!
10. Housing says they have a house available!
11. You drive over to housing to sign the paperwork faster then the speed of light.
12. Because that couch in the hotel room wasn’t half bad. Waiting for household goods sucks!
Powered by Facebook Comments