It’s one thing when outsiders of the military community formulate opinions about the military spouse, but it’s another when your own tribe does it. Unfortunately it does happen and it’s hilarious when military spouses think ALL other military spouses fit certain characteristics except them. True enough there are some spouses who are guilty of these things but don’t lump all of us together please.
In fun I decided to form a list of things military spouses think about other military spouses.
1. That we marry military guys for money. Honey please! Have you looked at a pay chart recently? Matter of fact have you watched the news lately?
2. That we sit and watch soap operas and pop bonbons all day…do they still make bonbons?
3. That all officers wives are like this. I know many ladies whom you wouldn’t even know were officer’s wives because it’s not that serious to them. They actually have lives of their own and not all of them are stuck up. There are enlisted wives whom are 10x worse.
4. That we are cheaters. There are cheaters outside the military too why just pinpoint us? Not everyone cheats!
5. We don’t all pop out babies every year, but hey the guys are gone for long periods of time. For some it’s bound to happen!
6. That we can’t be supportive of each other. Yeah there are some crazy chicks on the net who get their jollies creating faux screenshots to make military wives look stupid. Overall most of us actually can be nice to each other but hey we’re “grownups”.
7. That just because we watched “Army Wives” we all thought military life was like that. Ummm it’s TV we know!
8. That we’re just uneducated and stupid. Ugh that’s a pretty lame thought folks! I know many military spouses whom are entrepreneurs, hold several degrees, and actually have a career and goals of their own.
9. That we all care about rank. Lady I don’t care about no damn rank. In fact I still can’t tell you what all those insignia’s mean.
10. That we all are on anti-depressants and walk around like zombies just because the spouse is deployed. And even if someone is, that doesn’t make them a weak person.
11. That we are all perfect step ford housewives and wake up looking like Claudia Joy Holden daily.
What do you think? Did I miss anything? Share your thoughts below.
Powered by Facebook Comments