I know I know deployments are dreary, depressing, long, and tiring. We’ve talked that situation until we are blue in the face here on Army Wife 101. However, we are all about the lighter and brighter side of things, and while deployments are serious business there are some smaller perks and indulgences.
Sidenote: This is not an attack on military spouses because I indulge in many of these during deployments and TDY’s.
Let’s have a look at the top things military spouses look forward to doing while their “bae” is getting the bad guys.
1. Because for many the highlight of the week during deployments is watching the newest season of “Orange is The New Black”, or some other series that we will binge watch in less than 48 hours.
When they come home and ask did you watch this without me?
2. Yeah yeah I know we have some healthy eaters here but some of us like to stuff our face but on the down low. Deployments mean doing it FREELY!
3. And then rush to do this before they come home.
4. We may just shop a little more…just a wee bit.
5. You when they see all the stuff you brought to “make the house look better“.
6. Mmmmm new sushi restaurant right outside the base but I promised I wouldn’t try it until he comes home…but maybe I should try it out in first just in case!
7. Does Tricare cover Starbucks since it makes me happy during deployments?
8. Mom Jeans and Yoga Pants everyday all day YO!
Your face at all the complainers on those online military FB who talk about what mil spouses wear.
9. I still clean …sort of.
10. 9 months of uninterrupted messy bun…I’m down yo!
11. Think of creative weird ways to cook food.
12. Have a few too many Pinterest fails.
13. Have wine o’clock more then once a week.
14. Sleep on the couch.
What things do you indulge in during deployments?
See what military spouses are saying about this post!
Powered by Facebook Comments