Army Wife 101 wrote this post in collaboration with Expedia.com and SoFluential Media. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Does your military family call North Carolina “home” at the moment? If so, you’re in good company — four out of the five U.S. military branches have bases in “the Tar Heel State.” Whether you’re Air Force, Army, Coast Guard or Marines, chances are you may end up in North Carolina at some point.
A great advantage to being stationed in this beautiful state is that you can enjoy a variety of travel opportunities with something for everyone. North Carolina features incredible natural landscapes to include both mountains and beaches. Or, if you prefer the atmosphere and excitement of a bustling city, North Carolina has your military family covered. With a climate that delivers all four seasons, North Carolina has something to offer year-round.
So, welcome to North Carolina, and bloom where you’re planted! While you’re here, treat your military family to North Carolina excursions you’ll remember for years to come.
Top Travel Ideas for Your Military Family
From hiking trails to sandy beaches, historic sites to contemporary art, here are some top places to visit when you’re stationed in North Carolina.
Did you know that North Carolina has over 300 miles of coastline? Their sandy beaches are home to two national seashores, seven coastal lighthouses, and dozens of charming beach towns that serve up delectable seafood.
- Outer Banks — These barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina feature open-sea beaches, state parks and shipwreck diving sites. Find a great deal on a beach hotel here.
The beautiful mountains of North Carolina are home to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Appalachian Trail to name a few. Enjoy mountain cabins, hiking, skiing and whitewater rafting, or explore historic sites and charming towns.
- Biltmore Estate, Asheville — Nestled in the foothills, Asheville can be reached from the Blue Ridge Parkway. It features craft breweries, festivals, wineries and more, and is home to the Biltmore Estate, the largest home in in America. Find a mountain vacation rental here.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park — Straddling the border between North Carolina and Tennessee, the park encompasses mountains, waterfalls, rivers, hiking trails and more. Visit its highest point, Clingman’s Dome, and enjoy the observation deck.
If you’re interested in the hustle and bustle of cities with top restaurants, culture, attractions and nightlife, look no further. Find out what’s happening, uncover last-minute deals and discover things to do in a nearby Southern metropolis.
- Charlotte — North Carolina’s largest city offers Civil War history, art museums, science exhibitions and the NASCAR Hall of Fame to name a few attractions.
- Raleigh — Located in the Piedmont area, Raleigh is the state’s capital city. Enjoy arts, music, Southern cuisine, eclectic gifts and treasures from local boutiques, and discover why the city is leading in quality-of-life rankings.
Extra Perks for Military Family Travel
No matter where your family plans to visit, be sure to sign up for Expedia’s military offer which provides complimentary Expedia+ Gold Status to anyone that signs up by verifying their military status. It’s available to active duty, veterans, military spouses, and dependents. Expedia+ Gold Status is valued at $10,000 and includes benefits like bonus points, complimentary upgrades, and exclusive amenities.
Powered by Facebook Comments