. Information Collected and How it is Used
- Information You Voluntarily Submit on the Website: We may collect personal information when you register with us, and when you use our services, such as you name and email address. This may occur when you submit a contact us form, submit a comment on a blog post, or subscribing to our newsletter. Additionally, we may use your personal information as set forth in the registration section above.
- Information We Collect from Others/Third Party Partners or Vendors: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, such as an online store or a scheduling application, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment, etc.
- Automatically-Collected and Stored Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. When you use the Website, the information we collect may include your IP address, operating system type, browser type, domain names, referring website, pages you viewed, access time, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may process information using cookies. A cookie is a small data file that we download to your computer, containing information about you to facilitate interaction with our site and services. Cookies make it possible for us to store contents of your shopping cart until you are ready to check out, and to recognize your browser when you visit. By doing this, we can personalize your visits and save you time during checkout. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted. If you reject the cookie, you may still use our site. However, in order to enjoy the benefits of being a registered user, your browser must be set to accept cookies.
Use of Your Information
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters, surveys, and marketing material. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Sensitive Personal Information
Your Rights Related to Your Personal Information
- Opt-out : You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at Krystel@ArmyWife101 to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to Krystel@ArmyWife101.com.
- Amend/Change: You may contact us at Krystel@armywife101.com to amend or update your personal information. You may also re-subscribe and update your subscription profile to update your personal information.
- Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to Krystel@ArmyWife101.com.
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Specific Third Party Use
Additionally, Army Wife 101 may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is subject to their respective privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those sites you choose to link to from [Army Wife 101] before providing your personal information to them so that you can understand how those unaffiliated sites collect, use and share your information. The [COMPANY] currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- [MailChimp] – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Company’s sole discretion.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly Visible Info
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Advertising on [WEBSITE]: FOR ALL OF THESE THINGS, YOU NEED TO CHECK WITH YOUR THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS TO ENSURE ACCURACY IN THE STATEMENTS BELOW.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels: This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. Company makes it a policy to disclose all sponsored content in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign with Company. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation: Linkshare, ShareASale, Impact Radius, and Commission Junction. The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales or visits for purposes of commissions.
Army Wife 101 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Newsletters: On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. In some cases ANONYMIZED INFORMATION WILL BE PASSED ALONG PER A SPONSORED CAMPAIGN only to understand how a campaign performed.
Children Under Sixteen
Army Wife 101 does not intentionally target our site or our services to children, and Army Wife 101 will not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at Krystel@ArmyWife101.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Use of Information
Army Wife 101 collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and to deliver the services that you have requested. Army Wife 101 uses your personal information to fulfill your requests for products and services, to improve our services, to customize the advertising and content you see, and to contact you. Army Wife 101 uses anonymous information, such as that pertaining to web pages viewed, to analyze trends, to track user’s movements, to provide a better website experience and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Army Wife 101 and its affiliates do not use this data in a manner that would identify you personally. Your product reviews, comments and any other information you make available in public areas of our website likely will be seen by people and organizations not related to or controlled by [Army Wife 101. Army Wife 101 may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or new potential services or products that may be offered.
Updates to this Policy
Army Wife 101 may occasionally update this policy to reflect Company and consumer feedback.
Army Wife 101 encourages you to periodically review this policy for changes and to be informed of how
Army Wife 101 is protecting your information.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Questions and Suggestions