Sure the military lifestyle comes with some challenges but quite honestly there are many funny and unique aspects of this life that makes military life what it is. Living on a military base comes with it’s own quirks, and I couldn’t help but share some of them.
1. There’s a garage sale on almost every street every weekend.
2. The reveille is your alarm clock.
3. Your now able to hold your tears when “Taps” plays every night.
4. You think you’re safe from the outside world because you have gates and guards all over base.
5. You see a Rent A Center or Aaron’s truck at least 2x a month.
6. You’ve actually stopped to watch the base information channel on TV .
7. There’s a playground in your backyard.
8. You still don’t know your way around the whole base.
9. You don’t flinch when it feels like your house is about to detach from it’s foundation thanks to artillery training.
10. You can sleep through artillery training.
11. It doesn’t phase you to be the only one dressed in civilian attire in a room full of camo.
12. You forget your ID and have to get your vehicle searched just to get back to your home.
13. You’ve lived on base for 2 years and still have never been to the ACS building.
14. You look forward to the yearly base Christmas tree lighting.
15. You still feel proud every time you enter base and see the soldiers at the gate.
16. You technically pay no rent, no water, and no lights but you still feel broke!
17. You haven’t left the base in at least a week.
I’d love to hear your ways that you know you live on base?
Copyright: squirrel77 / 123RF Stock Photo
Powered by Facebook Comments