Last night as usual me and my normal crew of Twitter gals tuned in for the third of what many think is the last three episodes of the hit Lifetime series “Army Wives”.
I have to say that I found the 25 second preview of next week’s episode to be more exciting then last night’s whole hour long show, case in point why I think the show is coming to a screeching end.
“Army Wives” has always had a way of speeding up the time ,but last night things really seemed sped up and throw together. The writing while still good as far as drama seems a little lackluster as far as following up on events.
Top 8 Reasons Why I Think It is Ending:
1. Gloria left without any acknowledgement or notice. We knew she was on her way back to the Bronx last week but many viewers thought as in usual “Army Wives” fashion she would stay for the group to do a Kumbiya style gathering around Jackie to show support. There was no mention of Hector at all.
2. Last time I checked General Clarke was in a accident that left him in critical condition. Next thing we know the show begins with him being lowered off of a van in a wheelchair. When the hell did he awaken from critical condition? There was really no explanation of his injury or maybe it just wasn’t sufficient enough for me. I mean I love the fact that a soldier can go back to work in the military after an accident but damn would it really happen that fast? Hello this dude was paralyzed! Where’s the rehab , the psychologist , i mean isn’t there a process before you could even begin to go back to work? Then again this is TV!
I am shocked that they sped up this storyline considering it could made for some informative TV showing how a soldier deals with such a traumatic injury.
3. Moving on to Denise I have to ask myself…Self since when does one go from me being a Nurse to a Nurse Practitioner in one episode?
4. CJ is completely gone? I mean what in the hell kind of trip are you on with the First Lady that you are gone this long. Keep in mind there was a five month jump in the storyline so I have to ask myself what is really going on?
5. The dramatic-ness in every episode. Now to the writers of “Army Wives” don’t get me wrong , I love drama in every episode. That being said it’s making me think they are doing this to go out with a bang.
In addition to that I tweeted this last night…who agrees?
NO SPOILERS: But I'd hate to be anybody on ArmyWives…Something dramatic always happening lol! Hit LIKE if you agree!
— Official ArmyWife101 (@Armywife101) August 20, 2012
6. Where are Nicole and Charlie? We are 2 episodes until the season finale , shouldn’t they come into play at some point since they were slowly becoming part of the main storyline ? What happened to the wedding, the baby ?
7. When the hell did Roxy become so understanding? Trevor told her they were PCS’ing to Fort Lewis and she is like “Awesome! Sounds like an easy send off …nice way to end the series!
8. Lastly I have to move on to the previews and really only one thing stuck out at me which is : Are they really making Michael Holden cheat on CJ? I am all for the drama but really this is just one scenario that doesn’t fit.
I would have to say is that does occur then “Army Wives” has jumped the shark and it may be really time for it to go off the air.
What part of the show did you watch last night that made you believe the end is truly near?
Powered by Facebook Comments