Go through my instagrams and past blog posts and you will see quite a few on my Nutella addiction. I love the stuff and became hooked on it when I was pregnant with my son eight years ago.
This morning my son asked for my famous homemade chocolate chip pancakes. The lazy in me wasn’t in the mood to be Martha Stewart this morning plus I had ran out of chocolate chips. The mommy who loves to do special things for my kids still wanted to make something special for them but without all the work.
I looked in my cabinet and saw my huge jar of Nutella and that $1.46 box of Walmart Great Value pancake mix that I keep for days like this and boom the idea came to me throw a scoop of Nutella in the middle of those bad boys. For the record I am sure there is a more refined version of this recipe but it really was easy and quick but tasted spectacular .
Jar of Nutella
Box of any pancake mix
Milk ( I use 2%)
1. Mix pancake mix according to instructions.
Then after you have mixed it throw in 2 spoonfuls of Nutella and mix again until everything is combined.
Some call for water in the mix I like milk in mine.
2. On pancake griddle spray with some butter spray and spoon about 1/3 of a cup of pancake batter onto it. Do as many as you can fit .
3. Drop a spoonful of Nutella in the middle of the mix as pictured above.
4. Take another spoonful of pancake batter and spread over the Nutella and do this for the remaining pancakes as well.
5. Proceed to cook pancakes as normal and enjoy!
If you’re a Pinhead like me then feel free to hit the “PIN” button and share this with your Pinterest peeps!
Powered by Facebook Comments