I haven’t done a chow hall recipe in forever mainly because making videos and cooking is super time consuming. Lately I have been focusing on ways to make good homemade dishes that are quick , easy and most of all cheap.
This particular dish I found a base recipe online and then kind of just did my own thing with it. This is one of those dishes where you can play around with it to your liking and use it as a base but the below recipe is great as well. In addition I have been suffering from really bad indigestion when eating red sauces or anything acid-y so this was great for a pasta lover like me who didn’t want a heavy sauce.
Alot of people say they like Kale but to me Kale is actually less stronger flavored then other green hence the reason I have been doing so much with it because you can add the flavor you want to it. If the folks in your family say they aren’t going to eat kale just tell them it’s spinach hehee! In fact you can try this recipe with spinach but kale doesn’t wither down to nothing like spinach does and has more bite to it.
It coast under $9 to make a huge skillet of it if you already have certain staples in your home such as chicken broth and various seasonings.
(1) Pack of Italian Sausage cut into pieces ( I use the Walmart Great Value Brand)
(½) can of chicken broth
(1) Box of Elbow Noodles ( I use the large elbow noodles that have ridges, they hold the flavor better)
(1) bundle of fresh kale ( you can frozen but I think it would take longer that way)
(1) small onion chopped
Seasonings: Garlic Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder , fresh or minced garlic
(2) Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Parsley Flakes for garnish (optional)
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
1.In big pot boil elbow noodles drain and set aside
2. In big skillet cook sausage until brown and completely done
3. Add in chopped onion , kale and pour cup of chicken broth over it then let cook down some.
4. Once kale has cooked down a bit add in a pinch of various seasonings (amount is based on your liking just don’t over salt) and alittle of the olive oil. Let flavors cook together for about 5 minutes.
5. Add n your noodles and mix in so that pasta gets covered with all of the seasonings and ingredients. At this point I always add in alittle more pepper, garlic salt and minced garlic.
6. Top with alittle Parmesan and parsley flakes for garnish.
Serve and Enjoy!
Stay tuned for my Kale chips recipe they are so good and actually taste better then chips to me.
Powered by Facebook Comments