Guest Post from Care.Com
First, Krystel, thank you so much for saying “yes!” when I proposed the idea of guest blogging on Army Wife 101. As the granddaughter of a World War II U.S. veteran, I am such a fan of your writing and really appreciate your honest insights into military life. I’ve already learned so much – from PCS to deployment to packing tips! I know that at Care.com we’ve heard from so many families that finding childcare can be rough, but having to find it after each relocation? I can’t imagine the dread and scramble to find a sitter just so you and your spouse can fit in a little alone time.
I founded Care.com to help families with just these types of struggles and I am finding that we can offer unique benefits to military families in particular! Check out these tips for using our site to find and manage care – from nannies to housekeepers. You can even use the site to get yourself a job.
5 Resources for Military Families on Care.com:
– Background Checks. Every profile that you look at on our site has been pre-screened by our stellar Mom Force. In addition, we provide free background checks for every babysitter, tutor, pet sitter, and senior care provider that you want to contact.
– Nationwide Coverage. PCSing from Honolulu to Fort Bragg like Krystel? You can actually search for care providers using your new zip code before you even pack a single box.
– Community: On- and Offline. Connect with families at your new installation with an online group. Join one that already exists or start your own.
– Babysitting Co-ops. Co-ops are such a great way to exchange care and get to know local families. By using our points system, everyone gets child care for free! Search for co-ops near your zip code, or just start one yourself.
– Job Search. Relocating again and trying to find a job? Try making a care provider profile, and respond to some job posts – you might be able to snag a job as a nanny or tutor before moving day.
Since Krystel was so kind to feature me on her blog, I want to give something special to you as her loyal readers!
Here’s how it works:
Go to Care.com and register for a free basic account.
*You can access Care.com’s database of background checked care providers, check out our community groups and read some great stories from moms like you.
*Post a comment on Krystel’s site ArmyWife101 to tell us what you would do with three hours of free time, knowing your kids were taken care of by a trusted babysitter.
*Krystel will randomly select a winner of a $25 gift card to go out and get a manicure or lunch on Care.com.
*Plus, so that you can enjoy yourself and find that great babysitter, we’ll upgrade your Care.com membership for another free month of great advice, a knowing community and a vast resource of help for every need in your home and family.
Giveaway ends Friday March 18, 2011 at 11:59 EST
Winner will be chosen via Random.org
Disclosure: This post was written by Care.com . No form of compensation or product was received. All opinions listed within this post are those of Care.com and do not necessarily reflect the views of ArmyWife101.com
Powered by Facebook Comments