Despite some of the annoyances of living on post there were many aspects I enjoyed about it. For me personally many of them were financially related. I recently asked the spouses over at the Army Wife 101 fan page what were some of their favorite things about living onpost. I compiled some of those answers into a list and hopefully this can assist first time PCS’ers or people who have never lived on post in making a choice on where to live.
1. Not having to remember when the rent/water/trash/
2. Not ever having to leave post . Everything was right there. ( This usually depends on how big the post you are going to is).
3. Not having to fix things if they break. Maintenance for the most part takes care of everything.
4. Saving on gas cost because everything is right on post so no driving all over.
5. Seeing my husband more…without gate traffic and drive time he can come home after pt, for lunch, and right after work.
6. Some people mentioned better schools. I agree to an extent but again this depends on the post you are at.
7. The feeling and sense of acommunity especially during deployments and other events.
8. There are always family events happening on post. I enjoyed being close to them.
9. Some bases have movie theatres and movies are usually are less then $3 a person way cheaper then the regular movies.
10. Free Gyms! Many bases offer gyms that are free to join and also free in demand exercise classes such as Zumba, Yoga and more.
What are some of your favorite things about living on a military base?
Powered by Facebook Comments