Before I begin, we have to put the disclaimer out there that this post is not making fun, or in anyway bashing the military spouses who are #TEAMHOOAH.
“Not The Normal Military Spouse” is referring to those of us who love our husbands and respect the military, but we can take it or leave it. There are some wives who make sure to make it to every company event and are involved in every activity. And, then you have those who can do without and just don’t put a lot of effort into remembering all the formalities that can sometime surround this lifestyle.
Here are 10 Ways You’re Not the Normal Military Spouse:
You Know Your Not The Normal Military Spouse When:
1. You still sometimes can’t remember how the payday works when it falls on a weekend!
2. You really don’t want to go to the annual ball or you’ve never been and you don’t care.
3. You still forget that at certain bases the Commissary is closed on Mondays. You only realize it once you have got the kids dressed and are sitting there in an empty parking lot.
4. You’ve never pinned your husband during a promotion. Matter of fact you didn’t even know you could do that!
5. You address one of your husband’s superiors as Mr. or Ms. instead of Captain ____ or whatever their rank is.
6. You don’t stand over the movers when they are packing you for a PCS. As long as they don’t steal anything you’re fine. Besides you could use some new furniture so go ahead and break it if you dare.
7. You’re not hell bent on shopping in the commissary. In fact you prefer to leave post to avoid the crowds.
8. You don’t know anyone in your husband’s unit …by choice.
9. You’ve never cooked or sent in baked goods in for your spouse’s unit.
10. When you still can’t tell military time. You usually wind up having to google it.
I’d love to hear more ways that you know your not the normal military spouse. Share yours below in the comments.
Powered by Facebook Comments