Fayetteville, NC – Due to the overwhelming popularity of the inaugural Fayetteville Comic Con (FCC), planners expanded the 2016 con into a two-day special event that fills the entire Crown Expo Center. “We were blown away by the response to the 2015 FCC,” says Michael Chaudhuri. “To accommodate the demand, we expanded the both the days and the footprint for the event.”
The special guest line-up is impressive with more additions every day. A few featured guests include:
- Deep Roy – from NeverEnding Story; Star Trek, Star Wars, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Scott Tepperman – from Ghost Hunters International
- Steve Cardenas – One of the Original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- Walking Dead Reunion Part Two. Walking Dead alumni will be signing autographs and sitting on two separate panels.
- Veronica Taylor – voiced Pokemon’s Ash Ketchum and Sailor Moon
- Arthur Suydam – Cover artist/penciller, famous for Marvel Zombies, Deadpool and The Walking Dead
- Michael Golden – Penciled Marvel’s long-running comics ‘Nam and Micronauts, created Rogue and drew some of The Hulk’s best covers
The 2016 FCC will feature two rooms of ongoing panels. Topics include Meet the Stars, Cosplay 101, Fabric in Cosplay, Cosplay and Disabilities, Military Science Fiction, Nerdslam, SciFi Speed Dating and The Walking Dead Reunion. “This year, and we’ve got panels scheduled throughout the two days of the con,” says Chaudhuri. “Due to the popularity of The Walking Dead reunion panel last year, we’re planning two for this October.”
Artists Alley will feature an array of artists, authors and crafters with their products for show and sale. The FCC Gaming Alley, expanded for 2016 will offer Magic the Gathering , Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments , Super Smash Brothers and Hero Clix tournaments.
Fans are welcome to come as themselves, but organizers are expecting thousands of attendees to dress as their favorite superhero, Star Wars or anime character. All costumes are welcome as long as they are family friendly. Two separate cosplay competitions will award prizes worth more than $2000.
Tickets in advance are $15 per day or $25 for a weekend pass. Active duty military receive a $2 discount on all advance ticket purchases. . Children 10 and under are admitted free with a paying adult. Tickets can be purchased in person without fees at the Crown Center Box Office, Fort Bragg Leisure Center, Dragons Lair on Yadkin Road, Cardz-N-things on Ireland Drive and Gamer’s Guide in Spring Lake.
For more information on Fayetteville ComicCon, call the convention organizers at 910-316-7251 or go to http://www.fayettevillecomiccon.com.
Need a hotel room? Looking for a great place to have dinner after the show? http://www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com has information on hotels, restaurants and more.
Powered by Facebook Comments