This post is sponsored by Radisson’s Military 1st program. All thoughts and opinions are our own.
I don’t know about you, but my military family was ready for a vacation! We weighed our options and Vegas it was! Here’s how we had a fun, safe, socially distanced Vegas vacation, and how you can too!
Finding the Perfect Accommodations
My family stayed at Treasure Island – TI Hotel & Casino, a Radisson Hotel in Las Vegas. Not only is it a gorgeous property, but Radisson’s Military 1st program was also a huge draw for us. (Continue reading to learn more!)
Upon arrival, we were impressed with the safety measures put in place, such as temperature checks and a mandatory mask policy. At check-in, they explained their limited housekeeping service to avoid the number of touches in our room. Radisson was kind enough to gift us with an upgrade to an executive suite that overlooked the main parts of the Las Vegas strip — what a view! Better yet, our suite had two bathrooms, one with a jet tub and multi-mirrored vanity, and the other with a large walk-in shower. What family couldn’t use two bathrooms when on vacation? It was the perfect blend of comfort and luxury.
You can’t do Vegas without hitting the casino, and the hotel didn’t press any luck when it came to our safety! We were provided with plexi glass so that we could play at the casino tables safely, and hand sanitizer was available in almost every direction. Our hotel was also connected to a Starbucks and CVS for any additional needs (and yes, caffeine can be very necessary)!
Discover Fun Beyond the Casino
There were plenty of amazing excursions beyond our hotel and casino, and my family loved exploring:
- Seven Magic Mountains – This cool desert art installation features beautifully painted boulder totems
- Red Rock Canyon – This natural conservation area offers a 12-mile scenic drive. Better yet, military and their families get in free with the “America the Beautiful” pass.
- The Grand Canyon – This national park features breathtaking views of layered bands of rock revealing millions of years of geological history. Military can get in free with the “America the Beautiful” pass.
- Rail Explorers in Boulder City, Nevada – This activity was a blast and is perfect for families and kids! We rode a pedal-powered railbike on a historic railroad track, and then enjoyed a relaxing return trip on the museum train.
- Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens – This sky-lit atrium of the Bellagio features vibrant seasonal scenes of colorful flowers, plants, and trees.
8 Vegas Vacation Tips for Your Military Family
Now that you’ve gotten a taste of our amazing Vegas vacation, here’s what we recommend for yours:
- Visit during the week when it’s less crowded.
- Find a property that offers a military discount and implements safety precautions, like the Treasure Island – TI Hotel & Casino, a Radisson Hotel.
- Pack plenty of masks, and don’t be afraid to buy blinged-out ones!
- Bring your favorite hand lotion, since you’ll be sanitizing and washing a lot.
- Make dining reservations in advance, as many restaurants are now limiting capacity.
- Incorporate socially distant activities like outdoor adventures.
- Get your America the Beautiful pass for exclusive military discounts.
- Skip blowing on the dice — just this once!
Radisson Hotel Group’s Military 1st Program
Radisson Hotel Group proudly offers a special military hotel rate for our heroes and their families. In partnership with the USO, the Military 1st program honors active duty military, veterans, retirees, and their spouses. Radisson Hotel Group has recently expanded the Military 1st program to include their entire portfolio of hotel brands in the United States and Canada, including Radisson, Radisson Blu, Radisson RED, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson. When you book a stay at a hotel in the United States and Canada, you’ll receive a special military discount and an upgrade to the best available room at time of check-in (subject to availability). Also, if you stay four times between June 1, 2020 and December 28, 2020 under the Military 1st Rate, you can earn Gold status with Radisson Rewards. To learn more and to book your vacation, please click here.
Powered by Facebook Comments