I seen these changes coming from a mile away.
Since the inception of the extreme couponing rage people all over including those who shop at the commissary have wanted to get in on saving some cash. That is to be expected in a rough economy, but with that comes those who over do it. As to be expected with overdoing it comes changes and so that’s exactly what has been done.
DECA aka “the commissary” has announced the following changes to assist in” preventing possible misuse of the commissary benefit – primarily using coupons to get large amounts of cash back,” said Joseph H. Jeu, DeCA director and CEO”.
The Changes In Their Words
Key changes, which go into effect May 1, include:
· Gift cards will be issued to a customer, in conjunction with cash, whenever a transaction total reflects $25 or more is owed to the customer due to coupon “overages” (when the face value of the coupon exceeds the selling price of the item purchased and the transaction results in a negative balance)
· Gift cards will be issued to customers, in conjunction with cash, for refunds of $25 or more when a receipt is presented showing the merchandise was originally purchased with gift cards
· Gift cards will be issued to customers, in conjunction with cash, for refunds of $25 or more when a receipt is not presented
· Clarification for instances of suspected privilege abuse
· Update to the coupon acceptance policy that clarifies dot-scan barcode requirements and pin requirements for unique numbering, that photocopies and counterfeit coupons are not accepted, and that coupons must be printed in English
As the commissary notes in the news release this is the best interest of everyone but let’s be honest do you really think the commissary wants to give you wads of cash back to people who choose to overdo the whole overage thing? As one reader pointed out this is a smart move in that giving you the overage back on gift cards means that you aren’t really getting cash back because the gift card can only be used in the commissary. Smart concept!
I mean don’t get me wrong I’m not an “overage hater” if I had the patience to figure it all out I would probably step over to the other side so maybe I am just alittle bitter that I can’t grasp or am to lazy to get 55 boxes of tampons that I will never use for free! By the way I’m joking so laugh :D
View Commissary Coupon Acceptance Policy
Do you think the changes are fair…I would love to hear from some of our coupon experts?
Powered by Facebook Comments