My great friend Susanna from Military Duty Stations has a great giveaway that she would love for me to share with you.
PCS time is upon us and many scour the net to find information about the new duty station. Where are the good schools?
Where will we live? Where are the good neighborhoods on post? How is the medical center? These are just some of the questions
we have in order to ensure a smooth transition for our families. Susanna Haynie, a military wife of 17 years, found herself in exactly
that kind of situation and decided to take action: She started http://www.militarydutystations.com, where spouses of all branches can share
their experiences about current or previous duty stations and in turn research their own.
From NOW until June 30, 2010 Susanna will give away 10 x $15 use-for-everything-on-amazon.com. She invites spouses of ALL military branches to participate!
In fact, to make this as easy as possible for everyone just
- enter useful information in at least one category of a current or previous duty station. See below for tips on posting.
- become a fan of Military Duty Stations on Facebook
- Optional: you will also be awarded an entry for constructive feedback on the website, or what you, the military spouse, would like to see or need in regards to PCSing.
If you’d like just a little more info:
Susanna will give you an drawing entry for each category in which you have entered your experience. if you have something to say about: General, Housing, Schools
at McChord AFB then that would give you 3 entries and therefore 3 chances to win.
Susanna is hoping for information about
- opinions on neighborhoods, on and off post (under ‘Housing’)
- recommendations on restaurants, great places to shop, entertainment (in ‘General’), opinions on school districts, schools, special ed (under ‘Schools’), any Parks, Zoo, Programs anything for ‘kids’, special advise about moving to this info under Moving Tips. eg. tips about living on elevation or on an island, tips on living in a different country for OCONUS installations
- she wants the good, the bad and the ugly. Just no flaming, please. Stay constructive!
- entered experiences should not be not older than 4 years.
Don’t forget to download her free PCS Guide!
Make your experience count! Tell others about your current or past military duty stations or learn from others about your new installation:
follow me on twitter: @mildutystations
connect with me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/militarydutystations
Disclaimer* I received no compensation of any kind for this post… I am strictly sharing this information for a fellow military spouse*
Powered by Facebook Comments