I know 2015 just was ushered in a mere fifteen days ago, but already folks are planning getaways and making future travel plans. Now is a good time to start scoping out travel deals for military families.
“Red Roof Inn is rolling out amazing deals and steals for America’s military and their families to start the new year with some winter travel fun! The brand is offering 15% off Military and Government Promotion from January 20 to March 31, 2015 at nearly 400 properties nationwide.
For a budget-friendly and stress-free winter getaway, Military travelers can check out Red Roof’s exclusive travel guide to five winter hot spots AND enjoy their stays at Red Roof. The budget hotel recently went through a face lift with its NextGen® renovations and the Red Roof PLUS+® brand extension adding more value to the hotel/brand!”
Military families will also be glad to know that Red Roof Inn’s are pet friendly and welcome pets to stay free of charge.
Details of the Red Roof 15% Off Military and Government Promotion:
- Red Roof offers 15% off for veterans, active duty military and their families!
- Use VP+®/Promo Code 619091when making your reservation.
- Booking & Stay Dates: January 20 – March 31, 2015
- A valid military ID is required at check-in
- For more information, please visit: https://www.redroof.com/partner/government_and_military/discount(Please note the page will be up on January 20)
Budget-Friendly Guide to Winter Travel Hot Spots: Orlando, Charleston, New York City, San Diego, Chicago
Orlando: There’s no other place in the United States that celebrates childhood quite like the theme park capital of the world, Orlando. Of course the city is internationally-recognized for its fun theme parks, but it also offers a lot more. With the subtropical climate and the attractive downtown city landscape, Orlando has its unique charm that appeals to all ages.
How to Save Money in Orlando
- Bundle your fun –Hidden savings of theme park packages and hotel deals come in the extra amenities, including meal plans, shuttle service, etc.
- Purchase combo tickets for theme parks –Splurge for combo tickets that provide admission into five or six of the area amusement parks, instead of purchasing single tickets for just one of the area parks per day.
Red Roof Inn NextGen, Orlando South – Florida Mall & Orlando Convention Center
Charleston: Travel to Charleston to experience two styles of living in the city of heritage and wonders. Enjoy a laidback afternoon, walking down the cobblestone streets in Charleston with centuries-old mansions and Spanish moss-draped trees aside or explore the modern aspect of this South Carolina city that boasts innovative restaurants, unique shops, contemporary art galleries and the world-class Spoleto Festival USA.
How to Save Money in Charleston
- Visit in the winter – Visit Charleston in winter to enjoy a variety of hotel deals for off-season travel, fewer tourists, and hospitable winter temperatures, hovering between 40 and 60 degrees.
- Best things to do in Charleston for FREE – For camera-toting tourists, The Battery, formerly the heart and soul of the city’s maritime activity is the best place for sightseeing with rows of Southern-style mansions overlooking Charleston Harbor. For travelers interested in shopping, the Charleston City Market buzzes with locally-made goods and regional souvenirs.
Red Roof Inn NextGen North Charleston Coliseum, SC
New York City: As the most populous city in the United States, the Big Apple sits at the forefront of fashion, arts and cuisine, and it’s a surprisingly attractive destination for budget travelers. Catering to all spending levels, there is world-class art and culture available to all, free live performances, international cuisine specials and special deals for all kinds of activities.
How to Save Money in New York City
- Search for museum deals –Research and plan in advance to find deals, such as Museum Free Days.
- Save on Broadway tickets –Save some serious money on a Broadway show by purchasing discounted tickets from the half-price ticket booth in Time Square or discount ticket web sites.
- Enjoy a visitor’s shopping discount –Before making a purchase, visitors may present out-of-state IDs or passports at the visitor’s desk at major retail stores, such as Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s for discounts on certain items.
Red Roof Inn PLUS Secaucus – Meadowlands, NJ
San Diego: Known for its idyllic year-round sunny weather and its 70 miles of magnificent coastline and beaches, San Diego has never failed to fascinate winter travelers. Recognized as one of the nation’s finest destinations with SeaWorld, LEGOLAND and San Diego Zoo, the Southern California city is just perfect for families and anyone looking for a laid-back winter getaway in the sun.
How to Save Money in San Diego
- Skip Summer – Summer is the peak tourist season with skyrocketing hotel rates and long lines in various attractions. Vacationers can break away for a winter getaway to escape from the cold and crowds.
- Get a Discounted Go San Diego Card –San Diego has a lot of favored attractions, including the San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, SeaWorld, among others. Tourists may purchase the Go Card to see all popular attraction sites. Additionally, there are discounted cards offered on many local tourist guide sites.
Red Roof Inn NextGen San Diego-Pacific Beach/Seaworld Area
Chicago: Enjoy the holiday season with a Chicago twist and there is plenty of winter fun to explore in the Windy City that are worth combatting the cold: catch a concert performed by the A-list artists coming to town, go ice skating in Millennium Park or downhill skiing without leaving the Midwest and attend numerous festive events including the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival.
How to Save Money in Chicago
- Free attractions and events – Three Chicago landmarks are open year-round and are always free: Lincoln Park Zoo, Millennium Park, and Navy Pier. On winter evenings, travelers can enjoy luminous displays at the annual ZooLights at LincolnPark Zoo.
- Get a Go Card –Visitors can plan their itinerary in advance and purchase a Go Chicago Card prior to the trip for free admissions at dozens of local attractions.
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Chicago Willowbrook; PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
Powered by Facebook Comments