Yesterday I posted an article on Facebook that Bank of America will be charging a $5 monthly debit card fee. Whether you use your card once a month or a hundred times a month you can expect to pay that monthly fee. I gave up on BOA along time ago after constantly being charged to even have an account with them on top of constant overdraft fee mistakes when we weren’t even in the negative. They even have special banking for service members but at the end of the day they (in my opinion) they can’t hold a candle next to USAA.
USAA as usual was awesome enough to ensure it’s members of the following:
In Their Words
“USAA Bank announced today that its debit card will remain fee free. We’re proud of our service to military members and their families and that USAA Bank remains committed to offering a free checking account – and free debit card – with superior features such as:
- Free checking – No monthly service fees regardless of balance.
- Free nationwide ATM use – First 10 ATM withdrawals are free, and if another bank charges, we’ll refund up to $15 of their bank fees each month.
- Deposit options – Make a deposit through one of more than 2,000 The UPS Store® locations, and qualifying members can also deposit checks from home, an iPhone™ or Android™ phone.
- Free online and mobile banking – Check balances, transfer funds and pay bills using a computer, smartphone, iPad® or mobile.usaa.com.
- Free USAA® Money Manager – Track spending with a personal budgeting tool.
In a economy where banks are making the switch to charging for Debit card usage USAA is letting us keep those extra dollars in our pocket…Top that!
How do you feel about debit card fees, share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Powered by Facebook Comments